Leaving this off in November 2008, I was hopeful that I wasn’t in a wind-down, but actually a warm-up. At that time, of course, I had no crystal ball to gaze into and see the future. In this life, only in hind-sight do we have 20/20 vision. In looking back, we can review life and see how The Lord of the Dance has been at work.
Today, I am happy to report that I am once again on my way to Africa Mercy, with the destination port, to be Lome, Togo, West Africa. This time, I won’t be dancing with the stars, (although in my eyes and the eyes of the people who are served, everyone aboard ship is a star) but I am not heading to this dance floor solo, but in a duo with John. We are both very excited and pleased to take to the floor. Oh, without a doubt, there are a few jitters and butterflies in the stomach. Anytime we take that step of faith, there is the uncertainty of what lies ahead. But
we have been called by The Lord of the Dance, and He has promised to be faithful to complete what He has begun.
I am looking forward to serving in a similar capacity to what I did in the late summer and early fall of 2008, as a nurse caring for post-op VVF patients. Everyone who comes aboard Africa Mercy must serve in some role, so John’s role is to be as a dining steward. He has been the clean-up man in life at home, so dirty dishes on ship should really be little different, except of course,
the volume!
We will keep you posted on the moves this dance takes, and what happens in the days ahead.
Today, I am happy to report that I am once again on my way to Africa Mercy, with the destination port, to be Lome, Togo, West Africa. This time, I won’t be dancing with the stars, (although in my eyes and the eyes of the people who are served, everyone aboard ship is a star) but I am not heading to this dance floor solo, but in a duo with John. We are both very excited and pleased to take to the floor. Oh, without a doubt, there are a few jitters and butterflies in the stomach. Anytime we take that step of faith, there is the uncertainty of what lies ahead. But
we have been called by The Lord of the Dance, and He has promised to be faithful to complete what He has begun.
I am looking forward to serving in a similar capacity to what I did in the late summer and early fall of 2008, as a nurse caring for post-op VVF patients. Everyone who comes aboard Africa Mercy must serve in some role, so John’s role is to be as a dining steward. He has been the clean-up man in life at home, so dirty dishes on ship should really be little different, except of course,
the volume!
We will keep you posted on the moves this dance takes, and what happens in the days ahead.
2 comments:
Linda and John,
I'm anxious to hear about your adventures aboard the Africa Mercy ship and glad that you're blogging and posting on FB.
"Love the LORD your God, walk in all his ways, obey his commands, hold fast to him, and serve Him with all your heart & all your soul."
Joshua 22:5
Can't believe two of my favorite peeps are waking up to a new day in Africa. Wow...We love you ..Joy Marilyn and of course the fur child AnnaBelle.
Hi To Laura too.
Wow what an adventure and to spend Easter there !!!
Post a Comment