The third photo is a very recent one with members of
Africa Mercy’s Advance Team Guinea. The ship
will be moving to Guinea later this summer to begin surgeries in September 2012
through Summer 2013. All the logistics
to commence this outreach begin far ahead of time and Laura is the Hospital Liaison
Officer for this endeavor. Three of the
Advance Team members left Togo in Mid-April. Laura joined them last week. When I flip through the photo file in my
mind, I see a young second grader wrapping herself up in my skirts, very shy
and lacking confidence. She has unfolded
into a beautiful, confident, gracious woman.
God is calling her now to serve Him in the presence of officials,
authorities, and heads of state. He has
given her the gifts, talents, tools, and skills to carry out the mission He has
purposed for her and the rest of the team to accomplish. As parents, we take great joy in seeing what
she is about! “And we are confident of
this, that He who began a good work in [her] will carry it on to completion.”
Philippians 1:6
John Fischer wrote a song for his newborn son some 30
years ago. The lyrics seem to fit well
with a few changes of name, for our dear Laura, dancing her own song in this
mother’s dance in the middle.
Laura knows her own little toes
She just found them today
Stuck in the air at the end of her chair
Ten little toes just waiting to play
It's hard to believe that these little feet
Will walk into the next generation
May they be feet that bring the gospel of peace
To every situation
Sometimes I shrink at the hopeless world
My helpless child must grow in
That's when I pray as I'm watching her play
That she might carry Christ in her.
No comments:
Post a Comment