As some of those from the UK, with whom I share shipspace would say, "Sorry-O" for not getting to this blog, to update sooner. We seem to have more than enough to fill our days here and then some. And now I can hardly believe that in less than 24 hours I will be leaving behind the soils of Africa, and winging my way, God willing, back to Brussels, then Chicago, and Salt Lake City. But, for now, to get up to speed with Laura. More can also be found by clicking her blog address in the right column of this blog, to read her take on all this.
Saturday night to Sunday morning, Laura passed one kidney stone. Sure didn't look like fun to me, and of course, being true to her nature, Laura's saved that rock that caused so much pain and suffering. There was so much relief following that event. But the difficult part right now is that there are still (according to the CT scan) several more where that one came from, and they have not yet passed. We are praying that God has miraculously dissolved them. He certainly knows Laura has been doing all that is humanly possible to have that happen. A couple on-line journals I read indicate that in addition to water, to keep flushing the system - no pun intended - that consumption of cranberry juice - which she had already started doing last week - and consumption of citrus fruits and juices are a couple things that can be done to perhaps assist in resolving this situation. Being on our human end, she'd actually like to have another CT to see if those buggers are already all gone. That is not likely to happen. So we are just going to be thankful for every non-painful day, and pray that should they not be miraculously dissolved, when they start to move again, God will again give the grace for Laura to handle the situation. Laura is still not totally up to optimal health, not sure if there is another bug going around ship, as several others have complained of the nausea and vomitting that she is also experiencing, and she is quite lightheaded at times as well. She's been off work this week, but is planning to go back for daytime 12 hours on the weekend.
It has been good to be with her here through this time, and I leave with no particular concerns as I know that God has provided very able hands here to care for her and that most importantly she is in the palm of His Most Able Hands!
1 comment:
Hi Linda- Am sitting with John in the library getting his boarding pass....where has the time gone. Soon you two will be together in Salt Lake and then Idaho. We have had a blast here....wish you all were here as well. Talked to Aaron on his 29th Tues. Yikes...I have a 29 yr old nephew. Well I pray Laura will be okay. Wish she had your family genes. Anyway, safe travels and hope you enjoyed your time in Africa. Talk to you soon. Love Joy
Post a Comment