Saturday, September 27, 2008

Different Dance Costume

Time to change hats, or roles, or dance costumes as it were. Tonight I am being the mom again, and asking that you would be in prayer for Laura. She is currently a patient herself on Africa Mercy, having been diagnosed by CT this evening with several bilateral kidney stones. She has been having symptoms for several days and the situation declared itself in a big way this morning. She is finally more comfortable than she has been in days, after numerous pain medications, and volumes of IV fluid, but the stones have yet to pass. Sometimes we sure don't have a very clear picture of what it is God intends for us to learn from the curriculum He designs for our lives and our character development into Christlikeness, and the lessons are difficult. We are entrusting this situation to Him, for His glory in the outcome.

Thanks again for standing in the gap for us!

3 comments:

Diane Johnson said...

Prayers of comfort and healing to Laura and prayers for you watching over her. You were definitely meant to be there.

Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Tracey said...

I'm so glad you are able to be there for Laura! I have another friend but she is in southern africa, you both have such amazing stories to share I wish I could check out your blog more often! We will definitely be praying for Laura and you as well! We love you! Tracey and family (including the 16lb Isabel!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda- Here to ck your blog but no new news. We missed your phone call as we were all out. John is waiting hoping you call today. Call my cell ph or the home today. Wed we will be at Aunt Lizs (check the long info in Lauras comments I sent re: family info on stones/inf. ...oh aunt liz is now on another antibio. to try to clear her up before they would go ahead with further testing at her age. Anyway, Wed if you call call on my cell ph....I will email it to you. Hoping for happy times still to come and a fix for the current trouble. I told Laura what we lack in genes we make up in attitude. Love you, Joy